Tuesday, October 20, 2009

IBM tries to woo business customers from Windows 7

Article by Byron Acohido

This article discusses IBM's Linux and how Windows users should switch to Linux instead of updating to the new Windows 7.

The article does point out good statistical data such as facts and figures based on how much companies would save by switching to Linux as well as percentages of those planning on standardizing over to Windows 7.

The information presented does the job of presenting the topic of Linux trying to take over Windows users. However, I have no idea what Linux is. Not only do I not know what it is, I don't know it's benefits or what it has to offer that Windows 7 doesn't.

The article seems very biased toward switching over to Linux yet I have no reason to based on this reading. It did make me want to investigate Linux further to learn more but readers shouldn't have to do this. The information should be presented in the article without having huge gaps of questions readers will have.

I also am curious about the technological advances of Linux and the comparison of them to Windows' advances. Quite frankly I'm not sure what actual knowledge I got out of this article other than the acknowledgment of this topic.

I think quite a bit is missing from this article and readers will not get very much value out of it.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/technologylive/2009/10/ibm-tries-to-woo-business-customers-from-windows-7.html


That's all for now folks

No comments:

Post a Comment